Zoomerang is a sanctity of life VBS in the land down under! Be prepared to experience the jaw-dropping beauty of the Great Barrier Reef, the arid temperature of outback afternoons, the architectural marvels of Australia’s modern cities, and the fascinating eucalyptus forest, home of the koalas.
At Zoomerang, the newest Answers VBS, you’ll marvel at the unforgettable wildlife, culture, and beauty of Australia while exploring the wonder and value of life, from the lives of preborn babies to eternal life in the kingdom of God. During this pro-life VBS, kids will discover that life is valuable. From the tiniest to the oldest, each person is made in the image of God—wonderfully designed to know him and live for him!
VBS Parent Newsletter
June 6-10, 2022
G’day, mates! Are you ready to zoom off to the Land Down Under? Are you excited to marvel at the unforgettable wildlife, culture, and beauty of Australia while exploring the wonder and value of life? Are you prepared to experience the jaw-dropping beauty of the Great Barrier Reef, the arid temperature of outback mornings, the architectural marvels of Australia’s modern cities, and the fascinating eucalypt forest, home of the koalas? From the minute our mates step onto Australian soil, they will find themselves on a trip they’ll never forget! Your tour group guide will lead you from the thrilling Aussie Assembly to enjoy Bible lessons, mission time, engaging science experiments, aus-some songs, delicious “tucker” (food), hoppin’ good games, and some turtle-y terrific crafts! So grab your Aussie hat and “sunnies,” and let’s begin our fun-filled adventure at Zoomerang!!!
Important Information for Parents
- Plan to arrive at least 15 minutes before the start time on Day 1, Monday, to pick up your VBS t-shirt, bandana, and name button. There may be a line at the registration table or sign-in table!
- You will need to sign-in your child(ren) each day as you arrive. All names will be listed alphabetically by last name, and all members in a household under the same last name will be listed together for only one parent/guardian signature.
- We ask that child(ren) stay home if they are not feeling well or exhibiting any of the following symptoms: fever, sore throat, cough, headache, nausea, vomiting, or diarrhea. Should your child(ren) become ill while attending our VBS program, please contact the VBS Director, Karla Bregen, at 520-440-1068.
- At the end of VBS each day, all children will be ready for pick-up in the sanctuary at noon. Parents should line-up outside on the north side of the sanctuary and enter through the door near the playground. The name(s) of the child(ren) for pick-up will be announced over the microphone, you will walk through the center of the sanctuary to pick-up your child(ren) and exit through the front doors of the church. As always, children will be released to an authorized adult only.
- During VBS week, you will receive an email each afternoon/evening with daily reminders, announcements, pictures, and some trivia, jokes, or riddles that coincide with the Zoomerang VBS theme.
- Our church considers it a great blessing to share God’s good news through VBS, and we will continue to strive to offer this program free of charge to our community. However, if you would like to make a donation to help offset some of the costs of VBS, we would greatly appreciate your gift of any amount. There will be a donation box on the sign-in table daily!
- Lastly, we have many volunteers to help make this program a great success and blessing to every child that comes through our church doors! Our volunteers understand how precious children are to the Lord and gladly serve each year at VBS. Thank YOU for sharing your precious child(ren) with us this week!
How Mates (students) Earn Store $
Mates will earn store $ each day that can be used during the week to shop at our Outback Outpost. Store $ is earned by attendance, participation, good behavior, verse memorization, and donations.
- Mates are encouraged to memorize the Daily Memory Verse, but it is NOT required.
- Mates are encouraged to bring a donation, as this is meant to be a meaningful way to teach everyone about generous giving to those in need, but Daily Donations are NOT required.
Monday: The Beginning of Life Made in God’s image.
- Daily Memory Verse for ages 4-5: Genesis 1:27 So God created man in his own image.
- Daily Memory Verse for ages 6-12: Genesis 1:27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them.
- Daily Donation: baby items such as diapers, wipes, baby bottles, hooded towels, washcloths, maternity/baby clothing (new or gently used), toys, etc. for New Life Pregnancy Center.
- Mates will also participate in a cool contest for a chance to win amazing prizes!!!
Tuesday: The Wonder of Life Made with amazing design.
- Daily Memory Verse for ages 4-5: Psalm 139:14 I am…wonderfully made.
- Daily Memory Verse for ages 6-12: Psalm 139:14 I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderullly made. Wonderful are your works; my soul knows it very well.
- Daily Donation: personal hygiene products such as toothbrushes, toothpaste, mouthwash, dental floss, deodorant, hand sanitizer, hand soap, bar soap, body wash, lotion, shampoo, or combs for Cuirim Outreach in Nogales, Sonora.
Wednesday: The Value of Life Made with worth.
- Daily Memory Verse for ages 4-5: Luke 6:31 And as you wish that others would do to you, do so to them.
- Daily Memory Verse for ages 6-12: Luke 6:31 And as you wish that others would do to you, do so to them.
- Daily Donation: crayons, markers, colored pencils, pencils, erasers, or watercolor paints for Cuirim Outreach in Nogales, Sonora.
Thursday: Eternal Life Made for relationship.
- Daily Memory Verse for ages 4-5: John 11:25 Jesus said…“I am the resurrection and the life.“
- Daily Memory Verse for ages 6-12: John 11:25 Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. Whoever believes in me, though he die, yet shall he live.“
- Daily Donation: scissors or glue for Cuirim Outreach in Nogales, Sonora.
Friday: The Purpose of Life Made for a reason.
- Daily Memory Verse for ages 4-5: Ephesians 2:10 For we are his workmanship.
- Daily Memory Verse for ages 6-12: Ephesians 2:10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them.
- Daily Donation: lined paper, notebooks, or coloring books for Cuirim Outreach in Nogales, Sonora.
Is Australia an island, a country, or a continent? All of the above!
Aussie Animal Trivia
Did you know that crocodiles have strong muscles for opening their mouths? A rubber band around the snout is all that’s needed to keep a croc from opening its mouth.
Knock Knock………………………..Who’s there?
Aussie you’re going to the outback! Can I come too????