See a recap of our last VBS!
Where is it at?
We’re located in Tubac at 2204 W Frontage Rd, Tubac, AZ 85646 on the west side of the freeway across from the Tubac Village.
VBS Parent Newsletter
June 6-10, 2022
Huzzah! Grab your helmets and mount your trusty steeds! It’s time to charge into medieval times – a world brimming with breathtaking castles, regal kings and queens, fire-breathing dragons, brave knights, and epic battles. There’s adventure around every turn at Keepers of the Kingdom, where your knights will be equipped to stand strong in the battle of truth! Excitement galore awaits as each knight will join a troupe that will travel to be taught God’s Word, go in-depth with mission moments, experience hands-on science experiments, sing fun songs, feast on tantalizing treats, compete in great games with new fun twists, and make bedazzled crafts!
So prepare to step back in time, embark on the journey, and partake in one royally fun time!!!
Important Information for Parents
· Plan to arrive at least 15 minutes before the start time on Day 1, Monday, to pick up your VBS t-shirt, bandana, and name button. There may be a line at the registration table or sign-in table!
· You MUST sign-in your child(ren) each day as you arrive. All names will be listed alphabetically by last name, and all members in a household under the same last name will be listed together for only one parent/guardian signature.
· We ask that child(ren) stay home if they are not feeling well or exhibiting any of the following symptoms: fever, sore throat, cough, headache, nausea, vomiting, or diarrhea. Should your child(ren) become ill during our VBS week, please contact the VBS Director, Karla Bregen, at 520-440-1068.
· At the end of VBS each day, all children will be ready for pick-up in the sanctuary at noon. Parents should line-up outside on the north side of the sanctuary and enter through the door near the playground. The name(s) of the child(ren) for pick-up will be announced over the microphone, you will walk through the center of the sanctuary to pick-up your child(ren) and exit through the front doors of the church. As always, children will be released to an authorized adult only.
· During VBS week, you will receive an email each afternoon/evening with daily reminders, announcements, pictures, and some trivia, jokes, or riddles that coincide with the Keepers of the Kingdome VBS theme.
· Our church considers it a great blessing to share God’s good news through VBS, and we will continue to strive to offer this program free of charge to our community. However, if you would like to make a donation to help offset some of the costs of VBS, we would greatly appreciate your gift of any amount. There will be a donation box on the sign-in table daily!
· Lastly, we have many volunteers to help make this program a great success and blessing to every child that comes through our church doors! Our volunteers understand how precious children are to the Lord and gladly serve each year at VBS. Thank YOU for sharing your precious child(ren) with us this week!
How Knights (students) Earn Store $
Knights will earn store $ each day to spend during the week at our Dragon Slayer’s Super Store.
Store $ is earned by attendance, participation, good behavior, verse memorization, and donations.
- Knights are encouraged to memorize the Daily Memory Verse, but it is NOT required.
- Knights are encouraged to bring donations, as this is meant to be a meaningful way to teach everyone about generous giving to those in need, but Daily Donations are NOT required.
Monday: The Two Kingdoms
- Daily Memory Verse for ages 4-5: Ephesians 6:11 Put on the whole armor of God.
- Daily Memory Verse for ages 6-12: Ephesians 6:10-11 Be strong in the Lord and in the strength of his might. Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the schemes of the devil.
- Daily Donation: baby items such as diapers, wipes, baby bottles, hooded towels, washcloths, maternity/baby clothing (new or gently used), toys, etc. for New Life Pregnancy Center.
- Knights will also participate in a guessing game for a chance to win amazing prizes!!!
Tuesday: The Belt
- Daily Memory Verse for ages 4-5: Ephesians 6:14 Having fastened on the belt of truth.
- Daily Memory Verse for ages 6-12: Ephesians 6:14 Stand therefore, having fastened on the belt of truth, and having put on the breastplate of righteousness.
- Daily Donation: personal hygiene products such as toothbrushes, toothpaste, mouthwash, dental floss, deodorant, hand sanitizer, hand soap, bar soap, body wash, lotion, shampoo, or combs for Cuirim Outreach in Nogales, Sonora.
Wednesday: The Breastplate and Shoes
- Daily Memory Verse for ages 4-5: Ephesians 6:14-15 Put on the breastplate of righteousness, and…shoes…of peace.
- Daily Memory Verse for ages 6-12: Ephesians 6:15 And, as shoes for your feet, having put on the readiness given by the gospel of peace.
- Daily Donation: crayons, markers, colored pencils, pencils, erasers, or watercolor paints for Cuirim Outreach in Nogales, Sonora.
Thursday: The Shield and Helmet
- Daily Memory Verse for ages 4-5: Ephesians 6:16 Take up the shild of faith.
- Daily Memory Verse for ages 6-12: Ephesians 6:16 In all circumstances take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming darts of the evil one.
- Daily Donation: scissors or glue for Cuirim Outreach in Nogales, Sonora.
Friday: The Sword and Prayer
- Daily Memory Verse for ages 4-5: Ephesians 6:17-18a And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit…praying.
- Daily Memory Verse for ages 6-12: Ephesians 6:17-18a And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God, praying at all times in the Spirit.
- Daily Donation: lined paper, notebooks, or coloring books for Cuirim Outreach in Nogales, Sonora.
Did you know the Middle Ages lasted for about 1,000 years between approximately 500AD and 1500AD? This time period is the Middle Ages between the fall of the Roman empire and the beginning of the Renaissance period.
Why do some historians call medieval times the Dark Ages?
Because there were so many knights!