About Mystery Island
Mystery Island VBS is packed with teaching that connects the Bible to the real world and gives kids a better understanding of our awe-inspiring Creator and the salvation he offers through Jesus Christ.
Each day, kids will learn more about one of God’s amazing attributes (great, almighty, ruler, Emmanuel, trustworthy) and how that applies to their lives.
Grab your sunscreen and get ready for a taste of paradise as you track down the one true God at Mystery Island!
VBS Parent Newsletter
July 5 – 9, 2021
What is it about a tropical island that is so captivating – the beach, sunny skies, sparkling water, and awesome resorts? Or how about the beauty, sunsets, island animals, and glittering stars? It certainly is a special place on earth. On Mystery Island, prepare to be thrilled from the top of your sun-drenched head to the tip of your sandy toes as we explore an intriguing and mysterious tropical paradise while tracking down the one true God. From the minute our islanders arrive at Mystery Island, they will find fun with a supercharged opening assembly, rock’n songs, Bible lessons, island eatables, fun surf and sand games, electrifying science experiments, and creative crafts! So, grab your beach tote and let’s head out for some fun in the sun at Mystery Island!
Important Information for Parents
- Plan to arrive at least 15 minutes before the start time on Day 1, Monday, to pick up VBS t-shirts, bandanas, and name buttons. There may be a line at the registration table or sign-in table!
- You will need to sign-in your child(ren) each day as you arrive. All names will be listed alphabetically by last name, and all members in a household under the same last name will be listed together for only one parent/guardian signature.
- We ask that child(ren) stay home if they are not feeling well or exhibiting any of the following symptoms: fever, loss of smell/taste, muscle aches, sore throat, cough, shortness of breath, chills, headache, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, or loss of appetite. Even though the COVID-19 pandemic risks in our community have lessened, you will be asked each day to acknowledge in writing with your initials that your child(ren) do not have any COVID-19 symptoms. Should your child(ren) become ill while attending our VBS program, please contact the VBS Director, Karla Bregen, at 520-440-1068.
- At the end of VBS each day, all children will be ready for pick-up in the sanctuary at noon. Parents should line-up outside on the north side of the sanctuary and enter through the door near the playground. The name(s) of the child(ren) for pick-up will be announced over the microphone, you will walk through the center of the sanctuary to pick-up your child(ren) and exit through the front door of the church. As always, children will be released to an authorized adult(s) only.
- During VBS week, you will receive an email each evening with daily reminders, announcements, pictures, and some fun facts, jokes, or riddles that coincide with the Mystery Island VBS theme.
- There will be a donation box on the sign-in table each day! Our church considers it a great blessing to share God’s good news through VBS, and we will continue to strive to offer this program free of charge to our community. However, if you would like to make a donation to help offset some of the costs of VBS, we would greatly appreciate your gift of any amount.
- Lastly, we consider it an honor and privilege to share Vacation Bible School with our community. Our volunteers understand how precious children are to the Lord and gladly serve each year at VBS. We have many volunteers to help make this program a great success and blessing to every child that comes through our church doors! Thank YOU for sharing your precious child(ren) with us this week!
There are lots of underwater volcanoes that release lava, making areas of the deep water super hot. As they get bigger, they sometimes break the surface of the water and an island is formed! Vulcan Point is an island in the middle of a lake that is in the middle of a volcano that is in the middle of a bigger island that is in a group of islands in the Pacific Ocean. Wow! Did you follow all that?
How Islanders Earn Store $
Islanders will earn store $ each day that can be used during the week to shop at our fun Sea-store. Store $ is earned by attendance, class participation, good behavior, verse memorization, and donations.
- Children are encouraged to memorize the Theme Verse, but it is NOT required.
- Children are encouraged to memorize the Daily Memory Verse, but it is NOT required.
- Daily donations are NOT required but are meant to be a meaningful way to teach kids about generous giving to those in need.
Psalm 145:1 I will extol you, my God and King, and bless your name forever and ever.
Monday: God is . . . Gr+8 He is the one and only God, the awe-inspiring Creator.
- Daily Memory Verse for ages 4-5: Psalm 145:3 Great is the Lord, and greatly to be praised.
- Daily Memory Verse for ages 6-12: Psalm 145:3 Great is the Lord, and greatly to be praised, and his greatness is unsearchable.
- Daily Donation: Baby items such as diapers, wipes, 8oz baby bottles, hooded towels, washcloths, maternity clothing, or baby clothing (new or gently used), toys, etc. for New Life Pregnancy Center.
- Islanders will also participate in a cool contest for a chance to win amazing prizes!!!
Tuesday: God is . . . ALL+MY+T He is all knowing, all powerful, and all present.
- Daily Memory Verse for ages 4-5: Jeremiah 32:27 Behold, I am the Lord…Is anything too hard for me?
- Daily Memory Verse for ages 6-12: Jeremiah 32:27 Behold, I am the Lord, the God of all flesh. Is anything too hard for me?
- Daily Donation: Personal hygiene products such as toothbrushes, toothpaste, mouthwash, dental floss, deodorant, hand sanitizer, hand soap, bar soap, body wash, lotion, shampoo, or combs for Cuirim House in Nogales, Sonora.
Wednesday: God is . . . RUE+LEARN-N He is the majestic king who is holy and perfect.
- Daily Memory Verse for ages 4-5: Isaiah 6:3 Holy, holy, holy is the Lord.
- Daily Memory Verse for ages 6-12: Isaiah 6:3 Ane one called to another and said, “Holy, holy, holy is the Lord of hosts; the whole earth is full of his glory!“
- Daily Donation: Crayons, markers, colored pencils, pencils, erasers, or watercolor paints for Cuirim House in Nogales, Sonora.
Thursday: God is . . . E+MAN+YOU+L He is the loving and good Savior who came to earth.
- Daily Memory Verse for ages 4-5: Romans 5:8 While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
- Daily Memory Verse for ages 6-12: Romans 5:8 But God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
- Daily Donation: Scissors or glue for Cuirim House in Nogales, Sonora.
Friday: God is . . . TRUSTY-Y+WORD-D+THEE We should praise, thank, worship, adore, and live for him.
- Daily Memory Verse for ages 4-5: Proverbs 3:5 Trust in the Lord with all your heart.
- Daily Memory Verse for ages 6-12: Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths.
- Daily Donation: Lined paper, notebooks, or coloring books for Cuirim House in Nogales, Sonora.
What did the island say to the ocean?
I sea you!